It's time! The Quilty Fun row along assembly is in progress!
And here's the full left side!
I'll still need to make butterflies, sewing spools, mittens, flowers and a bumble bee in the coming weeks. But I have a secret change in mind here to make my quilt top a bit different from the others. (Hopefully I can actually execute my plan!) Then there's a cute bonnet label for the back of the quilt.
I've started to think about my borders. Ok, I may have been thinking about them since November when Lori Holt announced the sew along. Maybe.... Here's the border treatment on Lori's finished quilt.
Here are the fabric finalists. I really want to see some black here... it's a color that I don't usually work with, and I've pushed myself to include a little black each week. Ok, I gotta admit that Pam's black prints are so cute that I HAD to find a way to use them! The black border will help to pull it all together. I'm just not sure if I want a black inner scallop, or a black outer border.
My top choice right now is a pink dotty scallop and a wide black outer border. But blue dots with black could be really interesting, too. If you have a preference I'd love to know!