Are you ready for block 2 of the Snapshots Quilt Along? We're making a sewing machine!
Now why don't we have cute sewing machines like this? I'd love to have a gingham print sewing machine. Or maybe rose print... or polka dots!
Well, you can make your very own sewing machine block, and it can be gingham or roses or dots! Sew along with us!
This block is super easy to sew, with mainly squares and rectangles, and a few stitch-and-flip corners. And there's even a space to put a few strategic, fussy cut motifs like these "dials."
I love how it looks alongside January's layer cake block.
Snapshots is a sew along to benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. The sewing machine pattern is available as a free download, but a $5 donation per pattern is requested. So far, $11,772 has been donated by generous quilters. We have already exceeded the donation goal! The pattern download is available on the Jolly Jabber blog here, and you can make a donation to St. Jude's here. Snapshots would be cute in lots of different fabrics from your own stash, or you can purchase a kit with Daysail fabric by Bonnie and Camille here. I'm using the kit, and I'll enhance it with some other Bonnie & Camille fabrics from my stash in future months. I'll also use the backing kit with a pieced camera block. I've heard that backing kits often sell out quickly. Watch a fun video tutorial with Bonnie and Camille and Kimberly Jolly from the Fat Quarter Shop here. And if you share your block on social media, be sure to use the hashtag #fqssnapshots so that other quilters can see your block.
And there several other bloggers participating in the sew along. Check them out to see all their cute sewing machine blocks.
- Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Pat Sloan of The Voice Of Quilting
- Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting
- Thelma Childers of Cupcakes 'N' Daisies
- Pam Viera-McGinnis of Pam Kitty Morning
- Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Stephanie Kendron of The Modern Sewciety
- Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Greg Jones of Grey Dogwood Studio (that's me!)
- Jessie Fincham of Messy Jesse
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to visit me tomorrow because I have another top secret project that you won't want to miss!