Welcome to the third installment of the Snapshots quilt along with Fat Quarter Shop! This month's block is a kettle. That's perfect for me because I'm a big fan of imported teas here at Grey Dogwood Studio, and my vintage kettle is in constant use.
In case you haven't heard about the sew along, the Snapshots blocks help us to capture life's photo-worthy moments in a quilt. You're invited to sew along with us! We'll sew a new block each month this year, and we'll have a finished quilt top in December! The monthly block pattern is free, but a donation of just $5 is requested for St Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I'm using the Snapshots kit and customizing it to make it a little more unique. For my kettle, I've used the kit's Daysail fabric, and I added a navy solid from Bonnie & Camille's Miss Kate collection for the center star.
And who doesn't like to have some cake with their tea?! Doesn't the kettle look cute next to January's cake pattern?
Ok, so here are all the links that you need. You can get the whole scoop on the sew along from the Jolly Jabber blog here. The free pattern download for the kettle is here, and you can make a donation to St. Jude's here. Use your favorite fabrics from your stash, or purchase the kit from Fat Quarter Shop here. Finally, there's a new video tutorial to help you with your block construction here.
Be sure to check out the Snapshots blocks from these fun quilters!
- Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
- Pat Sloan of The Voice of Quilting
- Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting
- Thelma Childers of Cupcakes N Daisies
- Pam Viera Mc-Ginnis of Pam Kitty Morning
- Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- Stephanie Kendron of The Modern Sewciety
- Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
- Greg Jones of Grey Dogwood Studio (that's me!)
- Jessie Fincham of Messe Jesse
- Sondra Davison of Out of the Blue Quilts
- Angie Wilson of Gnome Angel