Welcome to my stop on the Tablerunner Bliss book tour! I was happy when author, quilter and designer Sherri Falls and Fat Quarter Shop asked me to participate. After all, I had so much fun making a Halloween quilt from Sherri's previous book.
Tablerunner Bliss has twenty tablerunners. It was difficult choosing just one, but I love the Picnic pattern with swirly pinwheels. And for my indoor holiday picnic, I knew that I really wanted to use Minick & Simpson's Snowfall collection. All you need for this runner is a charm pack, two fat quarters (I used three), and fabric for the backing and binding.
This runner is super duper easy. Just make twelve pinwheels and set them with alternating unpieced squares. Of course this means making a few HSTs! The runner finishes at 14" x 54". I wanted this runner to fit our new 72" dining table, so I made one additional block, resulting in a runner that is 68" long.
And in just a few days, I had a new Christmas runner! Time to bring out the vintage Spode china and pour a cup of tea.
And that's just the beginning. There are many, many more runners in Tablerunner Bliss, with clear instructions and lots of diagrams.
Thank you, Sherri and Fat Quarter Shop for inviting me to sew along. It was fun!
Be sure to drop by to see what the other participating bloggers made from the book:
- Tues, 9/5: Samelia's Mom and Pam Kitty Morning
- Tues, 9/12: Pink Pincushion
- Tues, 9/19: Sew Fresh Quilts and Freemotion by the River
- Tues, 9/26: Jedi Craft Girl and Porch Swing Quilts
- Tues, 10/3: A Bit of Scrap Stuff and A Quilting Life
- Tues, 10/10: Pink Pincushion and In The Boon Docks
- Tues, 10/17: Spun Sugar Quilts and Yardgrl60
- Tues, 10/24: Carried Away Quilting and Sew Fresh Quilts
- Tues, 10/31: Grey Dogwood Studio (you are here!) and A Bit of Scrap Stuff
- Tues, 11/7: Happy Quilting and Persimon Dreams